If a person is thinking of renovating the floor of the house then vinyl flooring can be one of the options for them which is available. It is a form of resilient flooring which is further composed of hybrid material flooring. Vinyl flooring is considered as eco-friendly flooring. They are very durable in nature and lasts for as long as twenty years. These forms of flooring are commonly used by people across the globe. A major application of these types of flooring is found in the continent of North America. The invention of vinyl flooring was done somewhere around 1930s.
Types Of Vinyl Flooring:
Present in the architecture industry for decades vinyl flooring is classified into two types:
- Sheet Flooring: This type of vinyl flooring is done the application of vinyl sheets over the surface. The breath of these vinyl sheets varies between six to twelve feet. Sheel flooring not only has more resistant to water and wear when compared to tile flooring but they also have an easy installation procedure.
- Tile Flooring: Tile flooring is done by making use of tiles which are further composed of vinyl. Generally, the tiles are square in shape and the dimension of their sides various between nine to twelve inches. Although they have less water resistance capacity, architectures and people love to use this kind of vinyl flooring.
Benefits Of Using Vinyl Flooring:
There is an assortment of favorable circumstances that accompany the introduction of vinyl flooring in your home. Listed below are few benefits which a person can enjoy after installation of the flooring:
- Resistance To Moisture: the Vinyl floor is relatively impenetrable to water entrance, making this the ideal material for use in a washroom, pantry, kitchen and other high dampness space of the house.
- Provides Comfort: Other than ceramic tiles which are more likely to get cold during the winter season, this type of flooring does the opposite of that. They remain warm even in the cold months and even feels smooth to walk on.
- Economical: Vinyl floors are cheaper than the real marble and ceramic floorings. A normal vinyl flooring tile may cost up to 60 cents per square feet. A high-quality tile or sheet of the vinyl floor will be around 10 dollars per feet square.
- Shear Proof: The wear layer that is present in most of the tiles and sheets of the vinyl act as a surface hindrance. This layer helps in shielding the ground from sheer and strains.
The installation procedure which is involved in the fixation of vinyl flooring is simple and does not involve much effort. The only consideration that has to be kept in mind before the installation is that the floor should be dry and clean.